Why Choose CHOP's Movement Disorder Program?
The Movement Disorders Program offers your child several distinct advantages:
- Multidisciplinary clinic: Each patient’s care team is tailored to meet their specific needs and may include specialists from neurology, neurosurgery, physical medicine and rehabilitation, and others. This team collaborates in clinic to evaluate patients and communicate with parents to determine a patient’s needs and the most appropriate treatment for them.
- Expertise: Our program is led by one of the few pediatric neurologists in the country with fellowship-training in pediatric movement disorders and neurodegenerative diseases. This specialized level of training has given her unique and wide-ranging experience in the management of these complex conditions.
- Continuity of care: We partner with Penn Medicine’s nationally recognized Movement Disorders Center to ensure a seamless continuity of care for patients transitioning to adult care.
- Surgical nurse navigator: For children who require surgery, our dedicated Neuroscience Nurse Navigator serves as a main point of contact, supporting families throughout the course of care. She works closely with the clinical team and guides families through the treatment process, assessing needs and communicating pertinent updates and medical information.
- Individualized treatment: We coordinate with patients and their families to develop a personalized management plan that is uniquely tailored to each patient’s needs.