Behavioral Concerns, Child Undergoing EEG Monitoring Clinical Pathway — Inpatient and Outpatient Specialty Care
Child Life Pre-admission Plan of Care
The plan of care provides the inpatient team with information to prepare the child and family for EEG study in a safe environment.
Child Life: Pre-admission Plan of Care Process
- Children with behavioral concerns documented in the EEG order will be identified by child life specialist (CLS). The CLS will then call the family to gather additional information.
- Plan of care is documented as care coordination encounter which is routed to nursing leadership, EEG technologist manager, and other CLS.
- CLS partners with parent(s) or caregiver(s) to assess psychosocial needs during admission. Questions in the dotphrase .ltmbehavior are:
- What is the best way to communicate with your child?
- When your child shows signs of anxiety or agitation, what helpful techniques do you use to calm them down at home?
- Has your child undergone EEG monitoring before?
- What helps your child to stay calm during medical procedures?
- Are there specific behaviors that your child displays that we should know?
- Does your child have sensitivity to noise or touch?
Child Life Admission Support
Child Life services are dependent on the 9S Child Life team and On-Call availability. As a result, procedural preparation or procedural support are not guaranteed to families. Clinicians should refer to Care Coordination Plan if Child Life is unavailable.
|Coping Plan for Procedural Support
|Coping and Play