This goal of this virtual, interactive CME lecture series is to update care providers on the latest advances in fetal diagnostic criteria and optimal management to enhance their skills in prenatal diagnosis, counseling and treatment. Hosted by the Richard D. Wood Jr. Center for Fetal Diagnosis and Treatment, this series provides a forum to delineate fetal diagnoses, nuances in fetal findings, therapies available, and the impact they can have on pregnancy management and maternal/fetal outcomes.
Topics for our upcoming sessions are listed below. Register and you will receive a link to join each session - feel free to sign up for one or multiple events.
Upcoming session dates and topics
All sessions will be held from 7-8:30 p.m. ET. Stay tuned here for additional upcoming sessions. If you have questions, please email Kristen Behrens.
- Prenatal Diagnosis and Management of Hydrops: Wednesday, Nov. 2, 2022, with Serena Wu, MD, and Erica Schindewolf, MS, LCGC
- Prenatal Management and Surgical Care of Lung Lesions: Wednesday, Dec. 7, 2022, with Nahla Khalek, MD, MPH, and William Peranteau, MD
- More to come in 2023!
- CDH/FETO: Review the care, management and surgical options for mothers carrying babies with congenital diaphragmatic hernia (CDH), including fetoscopic endoluminal tracheal occlusion (FETO), a procedure recently featured in the New England Journal of Medicine. Access recording »
- Fetal/Neonatal Renal Failure: Review the diagnosis and management of fetuses with renal failure, including the option of the Renal Anhydramnios Fetal Therapy (RAFT) trial. Access recording »
- MMC: Review the diagnosis and management of fetuses myelomeningocele (MMC). Access recording »
- Perinatal Palliative Care: Services available to families. Access recording »
- Twin-twin Transfusion Syndrome: Review fetal diagnostic criteria and optimal management to enhance skills in prenatal diagnosis, counseling and treatment for TTTS. Access recording »
- Cleft Lip & Palate: Review fetal diagnostic criteria and optimal management to enhance skills in prenatal diagnosis, counseling and treatment for babies with cleft lip and palate. Access recording »
Visit www.chop.edu/fetal-courses for a full library of fetal medicine education.
Upon completion of these activities, participants will be able to:
- Identify maternal and fetal indications for various fetal interventions and associated maternal-fetal outcomes.
- Discuss prenatal counseling, obstetrical management, fetal therapy options, fetal surveillance and delivery planning for fetuses with select fetal anomalies.
- Discuss ongoing research endeavors related to maternal-fetal health and childhood outcomes.
This educational opportunity is targeted to a diverse audience that includes: Obstetricians, Maternal-Fetal Medicine Physicians, Surgeons, Nurses, Sonographers, Radiologists, Neonatologists, Genetic Counselors, Fetal Therapy Coordinators, Advanced Practice Nurses.
Each session will be co-led by one of our maternal-fetal medicine specialists, who are listed below:
- Julianna Sanchez Gebb, MD
- Nahla Khalek, MD, MPH
- Julie S. Moldenhauer, MD
- Nina Paidas Teefey, MD
- Shelly Soni, MD
CME credits will be offered for each event. To be eligible for credit, you must attend the full event and complete a post-event evaluation via email (will be sent within 24 hours to the email you registered with). Feel free to sign up for one or more of the above listed sessions.
ACCME ACCREDITATION STATEMENT: Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA CREDIT DESIGNATION STATEMENT: Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
DISCLOSURE STATEMENT: Julie S. Moldenhauer, MD, Gregory Heuer, MD, PhD, Christina Paidas Teefey, MD, Joanna C.M. Cole, PhD, Nahla Khalek, MD, MPH, Jack Rychik, MD, Shelly Soni, MD, Jesse A. Taylor, MD, Nancy Folsom, RN, Edward R. Oliver, MD, PhD, Tracy M. Flanders, MD, MSCE, Serena Wu, MD, Erica Schindewolf, MS, LCGC, William Peranteau, MD, and Monica S. Williams (CME Planner) and others as appropriate have no relevant financial relationship with an ineligible company to disclose.