What is Link2CHOP?
Link2CHOP is an electronic, Internet-based portal for referring physician offices that provides real-time, “read-only” access to the CHOP Electronic Medical Record (EPIC) and enables you to place specialist consult orders.
- Access to most parts of your CHOP chart including: discharge, operative and progress notes, consult reports, labs, imaging reports, medications, problem lists/diagnoses, and more.
- Ability to place specialist consult orders (expedited and standard) for current CHOP patients (patients that have been seen at any CHOP specialty/facility at any time) through the Link2CHOP portal.
- An internet-based system that can be accessed from anywhere. Information can be printed when you need it and moved to your medical records if you choose.
- An email and Link2CHOP system notification will alert you to admissions and discharges to CHOP. This feature is customizable to fit your needs and can include many other event alerts like ED visits, appointments scheduled and completed.
- The 1-800-TRY-CHOP (1-800-879-2467) press #2 for our physician priority line and the CHOP Help Desk will be available 24/7 for assistance. We will also provide self-service links for password resets etc.
Download our Quick Reference Guide for more information about activating your Link2CHOP account, logging in, and quick tips for navigating the system and finding what you need.
Sign up now to stay up to date with your patient's care!
If you’d like more information before signing up, please contact your physician liaison. You can also get started now by completing the Link2CHOP User Information Spreadsheet and Practice User Agreement. Please follow these guidelines exactly to ensure successful enrollment.
Step 1: Designate a contact person who can coordinate the Link2CHOP on-boarding process in your office
The contact person will be responsible for communicating with all users in your practice and with CHOP to coordinate the launch of Link2CHOP, and for any ongoing communication.
Step 2: Complete and return the Link2CHOP User Information Spreadsheet
The spreadsheet includes three sections that must be completed.
- Fill out the PRACTICE DEMOGRAPHICS section.
- List ALL USERS, including providers and staff (physician, NP, PA, RN, office manager, referral coordinator etc.) who will actually use the Link2CHOP application. Note: Birth date and CHOP employment information are important so we do not duplicate a record for a user who is already in the CHOP IS system.
- List ALL PROVIDERS (physician, nurse practitioner, PA etc.) so we can attach your practice’s patient list to your portal. Providers do not have to be listed as “users” if they will not be accessing the application. They can be added later if they are unsure.
*All fields on the spreadsheet are important to register users for Link2CHOP and must be totally complete to start the process to gain access.
Step 3: Complete, sign and return the Practice User Agreement
- Print the Practice User Agreement. You cannot type into the PDF portion of the contract. Download the Practice User Agreement.
- Page 1 — Write in the legal name of your practice in the 2 boxes.
- Page 6 — Write in the legal name of your practice in the box and sign appropriately.
- Exhibit A — This is a Word document so you can type the requested information into it or it can be printed out and hand written.
Note: This list should include the User Names of all (medical/clinical, administrative, clerical, billing and coding related personnel) who are authorized to receive access and who will be covered by the practice agreement. This list of names should match the list of users entered into the spreadsheet.
*All fields in the practice agreement are important to register users for Link2CHOP and must be totally complete to start the process to gain access.
Step 4: Submit the completed documents
Once you've filled out the User Information Spreadsheet, Practice User Agreement and Exhibit A, please submit as follows:
- Email the completed spreadsheet to Abe Cooperman
- For the Practice User Agreement and Exhibit A, scan and email the entire document
When all of the paperwork is entered into our system, a CHOP liaison will contact you to set up training. This usually takes 3 weeks from the submission of your complete paperwork.
Questions or more information
If you need assistance or have questions regarding the sign up process, contact:
You can also reach out to your physician liaison for more information:
Kacey Grinups — Physician Liaison
Nicole Maiatico — PA Liaison
Michelle Romash — NJ Liaison
Jen Stroup — PA Liaison