Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) and Penn Medicine partner to provide high-quality newborn care and neonatal intensive care to babies at Penn Medicine’s Pennsylvania Hospital in Philadelphia, PA.
Board-certified neonatologists and certified neonatal nurse practitioners from CHOP work alongside physicians and clinical staff at Pennsylvania Hospital to provide exceptional care to babies as part of an ongoing pediatric alliance. Our team collaborates with families and primary care physicians to ensure every newborn receives the care they need, backed by resources of CHOP – a world leader in neonatal medicine – and the experience, comfort and convenience provided at a community hospital.
Some of the babies born here each year are born prematurely, experience respiratory problems at birth, or require additional treatment or observation due to other health complications.
For these most vulnerable patients, CHOP clinicians also provide 24/7 care and services to babies in Pennsylvania Hospital’s full-service Level III Intensive Care Nursery (ICN), including:
- Comprehensive respiratory and feeding support, such as high-frequency oscillation, nitric oxide and continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP)
- Specialty and multidisciplinary evaluations
- Advanced testing and imaging, including EEG testing and advanced neuromonitoring to assess brain function, and pediatric radiology services including neonatal magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Pediatric ophthalmology services catering to the unique retinal care needs of newborns
- Referrals to specialists, as needed
CHOP’s team of board-certified neonatologists and certified neonatal nurse practitioners provide comprehensive and individualized care to newborns and infants at Pennsylvania Hospital.
Pediatric Health & Wellness Resources
Children change as they grow – and we’re here for you at every age and stage of your child’s development. Get expert advice to keep your baby safe and healthy.