Today, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) celebrates the second anniversary of the opening of the Middleman Family Pavilion, CHOP’s hospital location in King of Prussia, PA. Since the Middleman Family Pavilion opened in January of 2022, over 130,000 patients have been treated on CHOP’s King of Prussia Campus.
Located on CHOP’s King of Prussia Campus and connected to CHOP’s existing Specialty and Urgent Care Centers, the Middleman Family Pavilion includes:
- 98 spacious private inpatient rooms, consisting of a 56-bed medical surgical unit, an 8-bed oncology unit, and a 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit (PICU)
- Care for a broad range of pediatric specialties, including oncology, orthopaedics, plastic surgery and adolescent medicine
- An operating room suite consisting of six operating rooms, specializing in elective services requiring overnight stays
- the 28 room Madlyn K. Abramson Emergency Department, the first dedicated 24/7 pediatric emergency department in the King of Prussia area
- Comprehensive radiology services
Additionally, in December 2023, the Middleman Family Pavilion opened an 18-bed Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (N/IICU). Staffed 24/7 by a core team of Neonatologists and Advanced Practice Providers, the unit provides comprehensive care with additional non-urgent surgical capabilities.
“We are proud and excited about the growth and expansion of services at the Middleman Family Pavilion in the last two years,” said Cheryl Gebeline-Myers, Vice President of Operations, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia’s Middle Family Pavilion in King of Prussia. “We remain committed to serving the King of Prussia and surrounding communities and making it easier and more accessible for families to have world-class pediatric specialists, services and treatments closer to home.”
Contact: Natalie Solimeo, The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, 267-426-6246 or email@example.com