Published onKeto Connection
Our dietitians make it a priority to stay on top of food product and supplement changes. See below for updates on our new scale, new foods, food exchanges, and label changes.
New foods and updates to food exchanges:
- The Cereal School®, low carb, keto cereal (all flavors, cocoa, fruity, cinnamon bun). One protein exchange is 2.6 gm (+ 0.5 gm fat).
- Keto Thin Bread® by Julian Bakery. One protein exchange is 9.6 gm (-1.5 gm fat).
- YQ Yogurts by Yoplait®
- Coconut flavor is 12.5 gm (+1 gm fat) for one protein exchange.
- All other flavors (strawberry, mango, lime, blueberry, vanilla, peach) are 11.1 gm (+ 1 gm fat) for one protein exchange.
- Almond Flour Update:
- Bob’s Red Mill® has updated their nutrition labels again for almond flour. The new recommended brands are NOW® Real Foods and Kirkland Signature™. This change does not apply to other Bob’s Red Mill products such as coconut, hazelnut or soy flour. NOW Real Foods raw almond flour can be purchased online and one protein exchange is 4.8 gm (-1.5 gm fat). The Kirkland blanched almond flour can be purchased at Costco or online and one protein exchange is 5.1 gm (-1.5 gm fat).
- Davinci Gourmet® Sugar-Free Syrups have new labels. We confirmed with the company that the syrups are still compatible with the keto diet. Cherry and pancake syrup should be limited to half of a serving daily. All the other flavors, including watermelon, should be limited to 1 serving per day.
- Nature Made® supplements have a new look and new labels. We have confirmed that this is just a change to the labels. The composition of the products has not changed. You can continue to use your keto-compatible Nature Made products.
- NOW® Sports MCT Oil (pure, unflavored) has a new label, but it is still the same great product.