Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia has a number of active communities, and we encourage you to share your experiences with us and each other. Read our guidelines below and join the conversation. We’re listening!
Ask an Expert
Guidelines for Participating
We encourage everyone participating in social conversations with or about Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) to comment, share their experiences with each other and build a community.
We want to ensure that all of our social media sites are welcoming, provide meaningful and educational information, and positive expressions of support for all participants. For specific discussions and topics that generate a large number of comments, or warrant a unique discussion location, we will relocate to our forum tab.
CHOP reserves the ultimate right to edit or delete any comments or content deemed inappropriate. The following types of comments or content will be deleted by administrators:
- Abusive or hurtful comments
- Off-topic and redundant comments (this includes promotion of events, groups, pages, websites, organizations and programs not related to or affiliated with CHOP)
- Comments that use foul language or "hate speech" (racial-, ethnic- or gender-bashing language)
- Personal attacks or defamatory comments (i.e., making negative personal comments about a fellow commenter) instead of just expressing a difference of opinion
- Comments that violate the privacy of our patients and their families
- Content that violates copyright or that may be confidential
The opinions expressed on Children's Hospital of Philadelphia social sites represent the thoughts of the individual commenters, and not those of Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.
Information posted by administrators, participants or any third party (e.g., commenter) should not be considered medical advice, nor is it intended to replace consultation with a qualified physician or other qualified healthcare provider. Participants will not evaluate, endorse or recommend any particular healthcare providers, medications or treatments. If you have questions about your health, please contact your healthcare provider.
All links to other websites found linked from our social media sites are provided as a service to readers, but such linking does not constitute endorsement of those sites by CHOP, and as such we are not responsible for the content of external websites.
By submitting content to any CHOP social media page (wall posts, comments, photos, links, etc.), you understand that this information is publicly available, and that Children's Hospital of Philadelphia may use this information in staff, family and external publications and other communications. If you do not wish to have your information published, please do not post the information.