There are several ways you can connect to the Internet while your child is hospitalized.
- Wired computers are available for your use in the Family Library, located within the Connelly Resource Center for Families on the eighth floor of the Main Hospital. Check with your child's nurse for Library hours.
- Some inpatient units offer access to wired computers in their family lounges and playrooms. Check with your child's nurse or child life specialist for more information.
- Free Wi-Fi: Wireless Internet access is provided at no cost to families across the Philadelphia Campus. To connect, choose ”chopguest” as the wireless network. Once connected, accept the terms on the sign-in page.
- Some sites that are deemed inappropriate will be blocked from access.
- Cell phones and other wireless devices are welcome, however, please note they may not be plugged in near any clinical equipment. You may use the outlets in the wall opposite the head of the bed.
- There are charging stations outside many clinical units, in the Connelly Center and in other locations.
- We cannot allow filming, streaming or photography of clinical care or staff members.