The Pediatric Advanced Care Team at CHOP offers a one-year clinical fellowship to train physicians in hospice and palliative medicine. During this fellowship, trainees:
- Provide palliative care consultation in both inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Provide phone-based symptom management and psychosocial support to pediatric hospice patients, their families and local hospice teams.
- Participate in weekly interprofessional palliative care education.
- Teach fellows, residents, medical students, nurses and hospice staff in a variety of settings.
- Explore palliative care interests of their own through their scholarly project.
The program is designed for two trainees beyond the PGY 3 level and can accommodate candidates completing a residency in pediatrics or subspecialty fellowships at the appropriate PGY level.
Fast facts about the program
- Duration: One-year clinical fellowship
- Positions available: Two per year
- Applicant qualifications: The program is designed for two trainees beyond the PGY 3 level. The program will accommodate excellent candidates completing a residency in pediatrics or pediatric subspecialty fellowships at the appropriate PGY level.