Family planning services at the Karabots Center may be provided to our female preventive care patients, all specialty care patients, and teens who seek out these services. Family planning services are provided confidentially and at little or no cost the patient.
Family planning for adolescents
Family planning services available to adolescents include:
- Education, testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections and diseases
- Abstinence and sexual health education
- Pregnancy testing and options counseling and referral
- Birth control education and supplies
- Coaching youth to build healthy, safe relationships
- Discussions of social and emotional issues connected to sexual activity
Additional services offered include:
- Annual basic gynecologic care, including PAP smears for young women
- Teaching about testicular self-exams for young men
Abstinence is encouraged, as is use of contraception to prevent sexually transmitted infections and pregnancy if — or when — the individual decides to have sex.
Discussions often include:
- Social and emotional issues connected to having sex
Family planning services are provided Monday through Friday. Urgent appointments are available for patients who are ill or have emergent problems. Nurses, nurse practitioners and doctors are available throughout the day to answer questions.