Children with neurofibromatosis type 1 who see multiple specialists may benefit from the monthly NF Multidisciplinary Clinic at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.
Pediatric specialists who participate in the monthly clinic include:
- NF specialists providing routine annual visits and MRI review
- Ophthalmology and neuro-ophthalmology providing routine annual visits and visual assessments
- Neurology for children with ADHD, learning disabilities, autism spectrum disorders, behavioral concerns, seizures and sleep disorders
- Orthopedics for children with scoliosis, pseudoarthrosis, and other bone issues
- Neuropsychology offering one-visit interventions to help families devise and implement solutions to challenges with attention, initiation, inhibition, memory, processing speed, planning, organization, flexibility, self-monitoring, time management and emotional control
Who is eligible?
To be eligible, patients should meet the following criteria:
- Established patients at CHOP with the diagnosis of neurofibromatosis type 1
- Due to see or would benefit from seeing at least three of the specialists who participate in the clinic
Please contact us at email@example.com if you are interested in learning more or scheduling an appointment.
Please note: Transferring care from your current providers is not necessary. This multidisciplinary clinic is available monthly as needed.