Sports Medicine Physical Therapy
Sports and orthopedic rehabilitation specialists at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia provide personalized care to all young athletes. They direct treatment to restore function, reduce pain and safely return your athlete to play in a timely manner. In addition to rehabilitating injuries, they also help keep your athlete healthy and optimize their sports performance using a multidisciplinary approach to injury prevention and performance enhancement.
- Individualized evaluation of each athlete and a customized rehabilitation program
- Low patient-to-therapist ratio to ensure proper care and optimal outcomes for our patients
- Dartfish® digital video analysis software (used by trainers of major league athletes and Olympians) that analyzes biomechanical movements for sports, rehabilitation and performance enhancement
- Ongoing consultation with parents, physicians, coaches and trainers to provide optimum treatment
- Sports performance training and injury prevention to keep the athlete healthy and avoid re-injury
Meet some of the young athlete we've treated and hear how we helped get them back to competing.
Performance enhancement programming
Young athletes who wish to enhance their performance may schedule a personal consultation with one of our specialty trained physical therapists. During your child's consultation, we will do a complete assessment and identify any issues that may be impairing sports performance or increasing the likelihood of injury. We will then develop an individual plan to help your athlete correct any deficits that are present.
Sports injury prevention
At the Sports Medicine and Performance Center at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, we believe that injury prevention programming and education are the cornerstone of a successful youth sports program. We offer proactive injury prevention programs to strengthen key muscle groups and enforce proper technique so your athlete can play safely and reduce the risk of injury.
"Ready. Set. Prevent." is a lower extremity injury prevention program developed by doctors and physical therapists at the Sports Medicine and Performance Center at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.