Contingent Workforce Management
It is the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia’s policy to provide a uniform approach to engaging and managing Contingent Workforce that supports CHOP's business needs and is consistent with applicable Hospital policies, legal requirements, and standards of accreditation.
CHOP selected RightSourcing (RS) as our contracted provider responsible for overseeing the Contingent Workforce Management (CWM) Program. With growth, capacity and operational effectiveness in mind, CHOP introduced a centralized approach to CWM in 2014 to provide structure, resources and reinforcement of policy, and best practices associated with utilizing contingent labor.
Human Resources (HR) sponsors the CWM Program. PeopleFluent, an electronic vendor management system, is utilized in the CWM Program to coordinate and track staffing services: requests for proposals, requisitions for contingent labor and services, payroll, timesheet and expense processing, as well as engagement evaluations.
Goals of the CWM Program include:
- Efficiency: Create a consistent process for engaging contingent labor
- Reliability: Establish a system to manage pre-employment clearance requirements, competency assessments, and employee training standards
- Effectiveness: Reduce contingent labor costs and identify cost savings opportunities
- Value: Create a standard audit methodology to evaluate vendor performance
- Competitiveness: Ensure compliance with Joint Commission standard and requirements
If you need support or have questions about RightSourcing and contingent labor assignments, please complete and submit this form.