Telehealth: Video Visits with CHOP Providers
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) offers video visits and other telehealth options as an alternative to some in-person visits when it is clinically safe and appropriate to do so.
Video visits allow you to connect with CHOP pediatricians, urgent care physicians and a variety of pediatric specialists.
What kinds of visits can I do by video?
Telehealth video visits can be a good option for many medical appointments, including consultations for a new medical issue or symptom, follow-up visits to see how a treatment or medication is working, certain types of primary care visits with your pediatrician, urgent care visits and more. Your child’s provider will work with you to determine what visits can safely and effectively be done by video.
Can anyone have a video visit with a CHOP provider?
Established CHOP patients have access to all telehealth options being offered by their provider, which may differ across each department.
For new patients who haven’t been seen before, there are some limitations. Some specialties are using telehealth for new patient referrals and second opinions. Contact the specialty directly to discuss options and confirm if they will see a new patient via video visit.
Please check with your health plan to confirm that your insurance covers video visits with your own CHOP providers.
How can I make an appointment?
Make an appointment by calling the CHOP provider you’d like to see (online scheduling is temporarily suspended). You can also send an appointment request message through your MyCHOP account.
What do I need for a MyCHOP video visit?
To join a video visit with a CHOP provider, you will need:
- An active MyCHOP account. If you already have an account, sign in to ensure you can successfully access your account. If you have any issues, you can use our chat support feature, submit a question for technical support, or call 267-426-4357 for additional MyCHOP support. If you have other questions about appointments, or need to sign up for MyCHOP, please call your provider's office.
- A mobile phone or tablet. The video visit experience is best on a mobile device, so it is strongly recommended that you use a phone or tablet, and use Wi-Fi when possible, instead of your cellular network.
- If using a mobile device such as a phone or tablet, you'll need the MyCHOP mobile app downloaded to your device.
How do I get a MyCHOP account?
If you don’t have a MyCHOP account, please call your provider’s office and ask to enroll in MyCHOP. You will receive one of the following:
- A text or email with an instant activation link. Click on the link provided and enter the information requested to create your account.
- An access code, which is a unique identifier that will allow you to log in to MyCHOP for the first time. You will also be required to enter your date of birth and zip code at this time. The access code will enable you to log in to MyCHOP and create your own user ID and password.
Once you have your access code, go here to create your MyCHOP account.
How do I get the MyCHOP mobile app?
Go the the App Store or Google Play on your mobile device and search “MyCHOP.” Open the app and log in using your MyCHOP user name and password.
If it is your first time logging in, it will require you to review the proxy access disclaimer in order to be able to view your child’s medical information. Review and accept to continue set up.
How do I begin the MyCHOP video visit?
A video visit will be scheduled with you by your provider’s office, just like an in-person appointment.
The day before your visit
Please use MyCHOP to complete any available questionnaires, and review the tip sheets below for how to connect to video visits so you are prepared on the day of your visit.
The day of your scheduled video visit
Plan to start your video visit 10 minutes prior to the appointment time to complete any final pre check-in steps.
- Connect to Wi-Fi for the best experience and to avoid using data.
- Open the MyCHOP app on your mobile device.
- To start your visit, click on the “appointments” icon and select your current visit.
- You will be prompted to complete any pre check-in steps.
- Click “begin visit”
- Follow these step-by-step instructions to prepare for and attend your scheduled video visit »
- Find answers to frequently asked questions about MyCHOP video visits »
- Review this video for tips on how to connect to a video visit » Please note: This video is a general instructional guide created by MyChart. MyCHOP is CHOP’s version of MyChart. Not all features will apply to your visit. CHOP does NOT use the “on demand” visit feature at this time. (Versión en español disponible aquí: Teleconsulta en MyChart)