Advanced practice providers (APPs) strategic priorities
- Focus on operational efficiencies including: optimizing care delivery models, building our inpatient teams, staffing strategies, recruitment and onboarding and exploring opportunities for post graduate fellowship programs.
- Focus on financial stewardship including optimizing billing models across the hospital
- Focus on leadership development for our APP team lead and manager roles
What we have to offer APPs at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP)
In addition to comprehensive competitive benefits package, all APPs have the opportunity to participate in:
- Comprehensive competency based orientation that is specific to your role and clinical responsibilities. Typical orientation length is 12 weeks depending on the practice area and experience
- Discrete APP fellowship programs including:
- Innovative educational opportunities including:
- Simulation sessions and team training
- Specific skills workshops for frontline ordering clinician teams in the ED, NICU, PICU and CICU
- Interprofessional educational sessions
- Emergency care certifications including BLS, PALs, ACLS, ATLS, PEARS as well as opportunity for instructor certification
- Ongoing Professional development opportunities including:
- Monthly APP pharmacology lecture series
- Monthly APP educational grand rounds series
- Leadership opportunities at the local and hospital wide level
- Academic Partnerships including opportunity to precept students and teach and lecture on specific clinical content at local universities
APP Transition to Practice Program
Our 4 day cohort based program focuses on the professionalism and leadership aspects of the APP role. All new to practice, new to CHOP and APPs transferring departments within CHOP regardless of practice area or role are part of the program. Topics include: communication, role transition, diversity, inclusion and cultural competence, mentoring and coaching, patient safety, quality improvement, healthcare value and financial stewardship, billing models, legal and risk management, engagement and professional development for all APPs.
APP Professional Advancement Program
This program includes the APP Evaluation Tool and APP Advancement Model designed to support, engage, recognize and retain all APPs within the CHOP enterprise by promoting professional growth and development and recognition for APP accomplishments.