Berry Compote Pie
Before using, please refer to our Recipe Disclaimer.
Contributed by Natalie Stoner, RD, LDN, and Paige Vondran, BS
Serves: 6 portions
510 kcal per portion
- ¾ cup blanched almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ cup honey
- Combine all of the pie crust ingredients.
- Grease a pie crust pan with softened butter.
- Press mixture into the pan, evenly distributing on all sides.
- If the mixture is too soft to hold, place in the refrigerator for a few minutes to harden.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes, or until golden in color.
- In a sauce pan, combine the filling ingredients.
- Warm the ingredients over medium heat.
- Cook the filling until thick, 30-35 minutes, stirring often.
- Pour the thickened filling into the cooked pie crust.
- Allow to cool, then store in the refrigerator.
Tips and tricks
- Can be served with homemade vanilla ice cream (made from milk).
- Berries can be substituted as desired; other fruits can also be added.
- Sweetness can be adjusted as desired by adding more or less of the honey.