Before using, please refer to our Recipe Disclaimer.
Contributed by Natalie Stoner, RD, LDN, and Paige Vondran, BS
Serves: 3 portions
410 kcal per portion
- 1 lb. chicken breast
- 2 raw eggs
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- Dry seasonings: salt, onion powder, and thyme
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, crack the raw eggs.
- Whisk the eggs to combine the yolk and white evenly.
- In a separate bowl, measure the parmesan cheese.
- Season the cheese with a pinch of salt, onion powder, and thyme.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a cutting board, slice the raw chicken breast into small cubes.
- Place the raw chicken cubes in the egg bowl.
- Coat the chicken on all sides with egg.
- Transfer the egg coated chicken to the parmesan cheese bowl.
- Thoroughly coat the chicken with parmesan cheese on all sides.
- Transfer the breaded chicken to the parchment paper covered baking sheet.
- Evenly spread out the chicken.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and warm water.
- Bake the chicken nuggets for 25-30 minutes until golden brown and fully cooked.
- Properly wash and sanitize all utensils and surfaces that came in contact with the raw chicken.
Tips and Tricks
- Chicken breast can be substituted with turkey breast.
- Parmesan cheese can be substituted with Romano or other dry aged cheeses.
- Other dry seasonings that would go well with this recipe include paprika, dry mustard, oregano, red pepper flakes, and basil.