Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Before using, please refer to our Recipe Disclaimer.
Contributed by Natalie Stoner, RD, LDN, and Paige Vondran, BS
900 kcal per portion
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 3 raw eggs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Warm water as needed if dry
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, raw eggs, melted butter, and a pinch of salt.
- If the mixture is dry, add warm water as needed until soft and smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Coat a loaf pan with softened butter to prevent sticking.
- Pour mixture into the greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until firm.
- Allow to cool before removing from loaf pan.
- Cut the loaf of bread into slices.
- To assemble the grilled cheese sandwich, spread the 1 tablespoon of butter over 2 bread slices.
- Warm a pan over medium heat.
- Place one of the bread slices onto the pan, then top with the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Place the other bread slice over top of the cheese, forming a sandwich.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook until bread becomes golden brown.
- Gently flip to brown the other side.
- Serve warm.
Tips and tricks
- Other cheeses can be used such as Colby, Muenster, provolone, or Swiss.
- Bread loaf can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for 7-10 days or frozen for up to 2 months in an airtight plastic bag.
Appointments and Referrals