Before using, please refer to our Recipe Disclaimer.
Contributed by Natalie Stoner, RD, LDN, and Paige Vondran, BS
Serves: 6 bars
186 kcal per bar
- 3 pitted dates
- 3 figs
- 2 Tbsp. chopped walnuts
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 raw eggs
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- 1 medium sized banana
- Ensure there are no pits in the dates or figs.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large food processor, add the figs, dates, and chopped walnuts.
- Chop the ingredients together until mostly smooth.
- Add the remainder of ingredients to the food processor.
- Chop until combined.
- Spray a rectangular or square shaped mold with olive oil.
- Scoop the mixture into the molds dividing evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until firm.
- Allow the bars to cool before removing.
Tips and tricks
- This recipe can be stored in an airtight storage bag for 3-5 days or frozen for up to 2 months.
- Sweetness level can be modified by adjusting the amount of honey. For a “sweet and salty” component, add a pinch of sea salt to the mixture.