Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich
Before using, please refer to our Recipe Disclaimer.
Contributed by Natalie Stoner, RD, LDN, and Paige Vondran, BS
Serves: 2 portions
890 kcal per portion
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 3 raw eggs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Warm water as needed if dry
- 2 Tbsp. creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp mashed raspberries
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, raw eggs, melted butter, and a pinch of salt.
- If the mixture is dry, add warm water as needed until soft and smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Coat a loaf pan with softened butter to prevent sticking.
- Pour mixture into the greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until firm.
- Allow to cool before removing from loaf pan.
- Cut the loaf of bread into slices.
- Rinse off a handful of raspberries with water.
- Mash the raspberries in a small bowl using the back of a spoon, or puree using a miniature blender.
- To assemble the PB&J, spread the creamy peanut butter over one slice of bread.
- On the other slice of bread, spread the mashed raspberries.
- Press the two slices together forming a sandwich.
- Serve chilled.
Tips and tricks
- Bread loaf can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for 7-10 days or frozen for up to 2 months in an airtight plastic bag.