Strawberry Coconut Ice Cream
Before using, please refer to our Recipe Disclaimer.
Contributed by Natalie Stoner, RD, LDN, and Paige Vondran, BS
Serves: 4 portions
270 kcal per portion
- 2 cups canned coconut milk
- ¼ cup pureed strawberry
- 2 ½ Tbsp. honey
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Blend fresh strawberries in a blender or food processor.
- In a mixing bowl, combine pureed strawberries, coconut milk, honey, and vanilla extract.
- Add a tiny pinch of salt.
- Stir to combine all ingredients.
- Scoop the mixture into an ice cube tray dividing evenly.
- Place ice cube trays into the freezer.
- Freeze for a minimum of 2 hours to solidify.
- Once frozen, remove cubes from the ice cubes tray and place in a high quality blender.
- Blend the frozen cubes to create shaved ice.
- Serve immediately, or place back into the freezer for future use.
Tips and tricks
- Coconut milk can be substituted with other legal milks such as almond or cashew milk.
- Strawberries can be substituted with other fruits such as apples, banana, blueberries, etc.
- Sweetness can be adjusted as desired.
- Alternatively, this recipe can be made into popsicles or frozen bites (as shown in left photo) by not blending the frozen cubes.