Zucchini Noodles with Fresh Pesto
Before using, please refer to our Recipe Disclaimer.
Contributed by Natalie Stoner, RD, LDN, and Paige Vondran, BS
620 kcal per portion
Serves: 1 portion
- 1 package pre-cut zucchini noodles
- (or 4 small zucchinis, spiralized)
- ¼ cup olive oil+ 1 Tbsp.
- 2 Tbsp. parmesan cheese
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- Salt, pepper & onion powder
- Warm 1 Tablespoon of olive oil in a sauté pan.
- Add the spiralized zucchini noodles to the pan and stir to coat in the oil.
- Continue to cook the noodles on a medium heat.
- In a food processor, combine the remainder of olive oil, parmesan cheese, basil, and garlic.
- Season with salt, pepper and onion powder.
- Secure the lid and blend the ingredients until smooth.
- Once the zucchini noodles are cooked and slightly soft (3-5 minutes), transfer to a serving plate.
- Top the noodles with the fresh pesto.
Tips and tricks
- Nuts can be added to the pesto for a heartier, and denser in calorie option.
- Other veggie pastas can be used such as spiralized butternut squash or spaghetti squash.
- This recipe should not be frozen, otherwise it will become soggy.
- Cheeses can be added to the pesto or sprinkled over top.