Why Choose Epilepsy Neurogenetics Initiative (ENGIN)
The Epilepsy Neurogenetics Initiative (ENGIN) at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing comprehensive and individualized care for children with epilepsy. We are leaders in the field of epilepsy genetics and offer every child seen in our program unparalleled access to diagnostic genetic testing, an individualized treatment plan, and enrollment in our innovative research studies.
We offer all children evaluated in our ENGIN Clinic:
- Extensive clinical and research experience in the diagnosis and management of genetic epilepsy syndromes by a team that consists of neurogeneticists, genetic counselors, pediatric epilepsy experts, a neurosurgeon and therapists.
- Quick scheduling of appointments. If a genetic epilepsy syndrome is suspected, our program can be contacted directly at 215-590-3743 where a coordinator will gather your initial information, or you can contact us online. We strive to schedule all patients as quickly as possible.
- Physician referrals and second opinions. We encourage physician referrals and requests for second opinions, as well as new patient visits. If you feel a patient needs to be seen more urgently, let us know and we will work with you.
- Access to the comprehensive care and related specialists necessary to manage the full range of issues associated with epilepsy.
- Enrollment in our cutting-edge research program. We are leaders in the field of epilepsy genetics research, pioneering discoveries of new genetic causes of epilepsy with the aim of turning these discoveries into novel treatments.
ENGIN was designated a Frontier Program by Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. Frontier Programs provide world-class clinical care to children with complex medical needs and conduct visionary research to fuel new discoveries and deliver novel therapies to help even more children thrive.