Mitochondrial Medicine Resources for Professionals
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia provides tools and teaching materials for professionals treating mitochondrial disease.
Mitochondrial Medicine held a virtual symposium on Sept. 20, 2021. The symposium focused on clinical research updates and discussion of approaches to optimizing outcomes by providing multi-disciplinary family support services. Sessions included:
- Mitochondrial Medicine Frontier Program origins, mission, and updates
- Clinical care metrics, activities, and access
- Clinical research updates: natural history, outcome measure validation, and range of clinical research programs
- Clinical treatment trials updates
- Neuropsychologic problems and management options for mitochondrial disease
- Developmental disability in mitochondrial disease: delineating the problem and developing effective strategies
- Motor developmental delay and disability in mitochondrial disease: assessments and treatment strategies
- Psychosocial challenges in living with mitochondrial diseases: coping strategies
- Social work challenges and opportunities to support mitochondrial disease families
Click here to see our latest abstracts presented at UMDF Symposium 2022.