Education and Training
MB BChir – Distinction in Medicine, University of Cambridge Clinical School, Cambridge, UK
BA (Hons) Natural Sciences (Biochemistry) – First Class King’s College, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Titles and Academic Titles
Departments and Services
Pratap JN (2020). Left ventricular assist device. In: Diaz-Berenstain L & Spaeth J, eds. Congenital Cardiac Anesthesia: A Case-based Approach. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press (in press).
Posters and Presentations
Tseng SY, Anixt JS, Heydarian HC, Pratap JN, Kuan L, Radhakrishnan R, Schapiro M, Vannest J, Kuan L, Williamson B, Kadis DS (2019). Structural volumetric changes on neuroimaging in Fontan patients. CHOP Pediatric Cardiology Meeting, Huntington Beach, CA
Liu L, Ni, Y, Beck AF, Brokamp C, Kanjia M, Pratap JN (2019). Geospatial analysis to understand pediatric surgery cancellation. American Medical Informatics Association –Clinical Informatics, Atlanta, GA
Shah M, Pratap JN, Kreeger R, Klein T (2019). Hypoglycemia-associated cardiac arrest. Congenital Cardiac Anesthesia Society Annual Meeting, Houston, TX
Liu L, Ni, Y, Beck AF, Brokamp C, Kanjia M, Pratap JN (2019). Geospatial analysis to understand pediatric surgery cancellation. Society for Pediatric Anesthesia/American Academy of Pediatrics Winter Meeting, Houston, TX
Thornton L, Lam J, Pratap JN (2019). Anesthetic management of a neonate with severe unrepaired Ebstein’s anomaly and CHARGE syndrome undergoing emergent exploratory laparotomy. Society for Pediatric Anesthesia/American Academy of Pediatrics Winter Meeting, Houston, TX
Liu L, Zhang N, Ni Y, Pratap JN (2019). Leveraging electronic health record data to predict surgery cancellation. Society for Pediatric Anesthesia/American Academy of Pediatrics Winter Meeting, Houston, TX
Awards and Honors
Honor awarded by University of Cincinnati Anesthesia Residency Program
- 2014, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Teacher of the Year
Prizes awarded by University of Cambridge
- 1998, George Peter Baker Prize for Medicine (top result in Finals)
- 1998, Pharmacia Departmental Prize in Pediatrics (performance in attachment and assessment)
- 1995, Gresham Pathology Examination Prize (third place)
Prizes awarded by King’s College, University of Cambridge
- 1992, 1993 & 1994 Scholarships
- 1994, Powell Prize for Natural Sciences
- 1993, Kendal Dixon Prize for Medicine
- 1992, Cooke Prize (for top first-year undergraduate)
Leadership and Memberships
- American Society of Anesthesiologists (via Ohio chapter)
- American Medical Informatics Association
- Association of Cardiothoracic Anaesthetists (UK)
- International Anesthesia Research Society
- Royal College of Paediatrics & Child Health
- Royal College of Anaesthetists
- Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists
- Society for Pediatric Anesthesia
- Quality & Safety ad hoc Committee member
Patient Experience Ratings
About the Patient Experience Rating System
The Patient Experience Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown above from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
We are committed to true transparency. However, to ensure the comments are fair and correctly attributed, we review each one before posting to the website. We exclude entire comments that disclose patient's protected health information, are off-topic, or include other confidential or inappropriate content. Comments will appear on provider bios only if providers have a minimum number of comments.
Comments are shared internally for education purposes to ensure that we are doing our very best for the patients and families for whom we are privileged to care.
The comments are submitted by patients and families and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not reflect the views of Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.