The CHOP Talks CME lecture series is an opportunity for pediatric subspecialists from Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia to share their expertise with you.
At every CHOP Talks session, you’ll improve your ability to diagnose, treat and manage common pediatric disorders, and learn more about the latest treatment breakthroughs and how they can benefit your patients.
- 6:15 p.m. — Registration and Light Dinner
- 6:30 p.m. — The Failed Vision Screening and Beyond
- 7 p.m. — Pediatric Ophthalmology in the Outpatient Setting
- 7:15 p.m. — Nasolacrimal Duct Obstruction in Children
- 8:00 p.m. — Q & A
- 8:15 p.m. — Adjourn
Julia Byrd, MD
Ayesha Malik, OD
Karen Revere, MD
Pediatric Oculoplastic and Orbital Surgeon
Upon completion of this CME live activity, participants should be able to:
- Review of amblyopia/visual development and management of amblyopia and refractive errors
- Discuss vision screening vs. comprehensive eye exam
- Discuss the role of the orthoptist
- Review the evaluation and treatment for ocular pathology in the outpatient setting
- Identify signs of nasolacrimal duct obstruction vs. other causes of tearing in children
- Recognize when it is important to refer urgently to a pediatric oculoplastic surgeon
There is no charge for this program; however, registration is required. RSVP to Abe Cooperman by No. 7, 2018, at email@example.com or 267-426-2506. Please provide your name, practice affiliation, credentials, work address, phone, fax and email address.
ACCME Accreditation Statement: Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement: Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Disclosure Statement: Julia Byrd, MD; Ayesha Malik, OD; and Karen Revere, MD, have signed and completed the CHOP CME Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships Form and have affirmed that neither they nor their spouse/partner/family member(s) have/ have had any relevant financial affiliations or financial relationships with a commercial interest within the past 12 months related directly or indirectly to this lecture that may pose a potential conflict of interest within the context of this lecture.
Services for People with Disabilities: If special arrangements are required for an individual with a disability to attend this meeting, please contact Abe Cooperman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 267-426-2506.