Please join us for Genetic Counseling Awareness Day, an annual event dedicated to empowering genetic counselors, raising awareness and interest about genetic counselors in our communities and institutions, and helping consumers understand the important and supportive role genetic counselors can play as part of their healthcare team.
Genetic counselors from Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) and Penn Medicine will host this year’s celebration virtually from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. (EST) Thursday, Nov. 4, 2021, on BlueJeans.
Morning sessions are targeted to patients, community members and anyone interested in becoming a genetic counselor, and will include information on:
- The field of genetic counseling, what genetic counseling is and what it can tell us
- Direct-to-consumer genetic testing: explaining what’s currently available and what we can learn
- Ethical issues surrounding genetic testing
Afternoon sessions are targeted to medical and research professionals; however, all are welcome! Sessions will include:
- Noon–1 p.m. – A panel discussion with genetic counselors who work in a variety of settings.
- 1-2 p.m. – A webinar from the National Society of Genetic Counselors (you’ll be directed to a separate link for this session)
- 2-3 p.m. – A series of short sessions by CHOP and Penn genetic counselors who will discuss their research and clinical activities.
Register to attend this event. After registering, you will receive an email with a link to join the sessions.
For more details about this event, please contact Stephanie Asher by email or by calling 215-614-0752.