CHOP now offers patients and healthcare providers a safe and secure way to send medical imaging records to our radiologists electronically using lifeIMAGE.
LifeIMAGE is a HIPAA-compliant service. Just upload your or your patient’s medical images and related health records to LifeIMAGE and they will be delivered to CHOP’s pediatric radiologists for review .
By sending us images before an appointment, we can ensure patients are seeing the most appropriate specialist for their condition. Having images in advance also allows physicians to begin developing a treatment plan before a patient’s appointment.
To upload your medical images, you must have:
- A Windows PC with a CD/DVD drive
- Internet Explorer version 7, 8, 9 or 10
- Java – to determine if you have Java installed, click on your computer’s start menu and open the control panel. Check whether you see a Control Panel named Java. If so, you have Java installed. If you do not have Java or need to update the version you have installed, please follow these instructions:
- Open IE and go to Java.com
- Click on the “Free Java Download” button
- When prompted to download the file, click on the “Run” button and follow the instructions
- Close and re-open IE before attempting to upload your imaging exams
- Imaging exams on a CD or CDs
Uploading medical images on MAC OSX is not currently supported.
How to upload your imaging exams
Both patients and healthcare providers may submit images for comparison. These studies will be used by the CHOP radiologist for comparison to future studies being performed at CHOP.
- Visit the lifeIMAGE CHOP Radiology Comparison page.
- Click on the “Request a Connection” button.
- Fill out the form to request permission to upload your imaging exams and click on the “Send Request” button when done. This will send the request to our department and send you an email confirmation.
- Once your request is accepted, you will receive a welcome email containing an access code and link to get started.
- Click on the link and enter your access code when prompted.
- Put your CD into your CD/DVD drive and follow the instructions to upload your exam images.
Healthcare providers may also submit images for a second opinion/second read request using the lifeIMAGE system. These images require a physician order before being re-read by a CHOP radiologist.
Submit images for a second opinion
For more information, ask one of our staff members or visit the lifeIMAGE online help section.