Update on telehealth and video visits during the COVID-19 pandemic: Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) is working to set up ways to stay connected with our patients and families during this challenging time. We are actively working on expanding the use of video visits and other telehealth options as an alternative to some in-person visits when it is clinically safe and appropriate to do so.
We are looking at every patient appointment and evaluating the best way to connect with you about your child’s care. Your provider’s office will contact you to discuss options for any upcoming appointments. If at any time you have questions, or concerns about your child’s health, please call your provider’s office.
What do I need for a MyCHOP video visit?
To join a video visit with a CHOP provider, you will need:
- An active MyCHOP account. If you already have an account, sign in to ensure you can successfully access your account. If you have any issues, request MyCHOP support here.
- A mobile phone, tablet, or a computer with a webcam. The video visit experience is best on a mobile device, so it is strongly recommended that you use a phone or tablet, and use Wi-Fi when possible, instead of your cellular network.
- If using a mobile device such as a phone or tablet, you'll need the MyCHOP mobile app downloaded to your device.
How do I get a MyCHOP account?
If you don’t have a MyCHOP account, please call your provider’s office and ask to enroll in MyCHOP. You will receive one of the following:
- A text or email with an instant activation link. Click on the link provided and enter the information requested to create your account.
- An access code, which is a unique identifier that will allow you to log in to MyCHOP for the first time. You will also be required to enter your date of birth and zip code at this time. The access code will enable you to log in to MyCHOP and create your own user ID and password.
Once you have your access code, go here to create your MyCHOP account.
How do I get the MyCHOP mobile app?
Go the the App Store or Google Play on your mobile device and search “MyCHOP.” Open the app and log in using your MyCHOP user name and password.
If it is your first time logging in, it will require you to review the proxy access disclaimer in order to be able to view your child’s medical information. Review and accept to continue set up.
How do I begin the MyCHOP Video Visit?
A video visit will be scheduled with you by your provider’s office, just like an in-person appointment.