Looking for our outpatient location? Find directions to Specialty Care, Lancaster on Harrisburg Pike.
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and Lancaster General Health are collaborating to enhance pediatric care for families in the Lancaster County area.
Under the agreement, Children's Hospital pediatric hospitalists and cardiologists provide inpatient care in Lancaster General Hospital’s Pediatric Unit and Emergency Department. CHOP cardiologists, endocrinologists, gastroenterologists and other specialists also offer outpatient services at the Suburban Pavilion and CHOP neonatologists provide care in the 29-bed Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) at Women & Babies Hospital.
Learn more about services provided by Children's Hospital at the Suburban Pavilion on Harrisburg Pike, and newborn care provided in the NICU at Women & Babies Hospital on Good Drive.
New specialties continue to be added to CHOP's outpatient location at LG Health. Pediatric urgent care services are also being explored.
The alliance will support joint efforts between LG Health and Children's Hospital to develop, support and grow a high quality pediatric program that serves the needs of Lancaster County families for years into the future. Additionally, it will enhance access to a broad spectrum of pediatric programs and services to improve patient convenience, continuity and quality of care.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia hospitalists, or pediatricians specializing in hospital care, are available at Lancaster General Hospital 24/7 to:
- Provide high quality care for pediatric patients hospitalized with a wide range of medical conditions
- Consult with your child’s primary care doctor during hospitalization
- Evaluate pediatric patients in the Emergency Department at the request of your child’s doctor or the ED doctor
- Coordinate care, when necessary, with specialists at CHOP
- Facilitate transfers to CHOP for more specialized care
- Assist families who don’t have a primary care physician
The alliance between Lancaster General Health and CHOP supports both organizations’ efforts to develop, support and grow a high quality pediatric program that will serve the needs of area families for years to come.
Visit the Lancaster General Health website.