Published onKeto Connection
In March 2017, the 5th edition of the ketogenic diet manual was released. If you haven’t received the new manual yet, please be sure to ask your care team for a copy at your next office visit.
The manual includes updated information on everyday management of the keto diet, as well as new food listings. Highlights of the new foods include: Quest protein chips, mascarpone cheese, hemp milk, and Hershey sugar-free chocolate chips.
Thanks to our keto families, we have discovered some new foods and have made changes to others.
- Rao’s Marinara Sauce — 22.6 gm (-1 gm fat)
- Sun Chips Original — 1.4 gm (no fat adjustment)
- Trader Joes Parsnip Chips — 9.3 gm (-3 gm fat)
- Baby Bel Original Cheese — 8.4 gm (-1.5 gm fat)
- Ripple Unsweetened Pea Protein Milk — 60 gm (no fat adjustment)
- Stonyfield Organic Plain Whole Milk Yogurt — 22.7 gm (no fat adjustment)
- Stonyfield Organic Double Cream Plain Whole Milk Yogurt — 22.7 gm (-0.5 gm fat)
Remember to always contact your medical team with questions and specific adjustments for your child’s diet.
Contributed by: Cagla Fenton, RD, CSP, LDN, Sue Groveman, MS, RD, LDN
Categories: Ketogenic Diet