Granola bar recipe
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Firming/Refrigeration Time: 2-3 hours
Total Time: 2-3 hours
Approximate Cost of One Recipe: $1 – $2
(total cost of ingredients, yielding six to seven recipes is $6 – $7)
Yields: 8 bars (plus uneven sides which could be used as granola)
- 1 cup quick rolled oats
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil
Optional add-ins: ground cinnamon, raisins, nut butter, chocolate chips, chopped nuts, coconut flakes, seeds, etc.
- 1 baking pan
- 1 cutting board
- 1 knife
- Plastic wrap
Serving Size is 1 Bar
Calories 95 | Fat 6.3 g | Protein 1 g | Sodium 0.4 mg | Potassium 39 mg | Phosphorous 31 mg
- Melt the coconut oil and honey in a bowl until liquified.
- Add the rolled oats and vanilla extract.
- Stir until well mixed.
- If adding any other ingredients, add at this time.
- Line a square metal pan with plastic wrap.
- Scoop the granola bar mixture into the metal pan, spreading evenly.
- Spread the mixture into each corner to fill in all gaps.
- Top the mixture with additional plastic wrap to cover the top.
- Place in refrigerator for two to three hours or until firm.
- Gently remove the hardened granola mixture from the pan by lifting the bottom plastic wrap.
- Transfer to cutting board.
- Cut the granola mixture into small rectangles to create bars.
- Store in the refrigerator for future use.
Adjustments to individual requirements
- Bars can be shaped into other sizes and shapes, such as round bite sizes by forming in miniature muffin pan.
- Add additional coconut oil to create a softer texture.
- Add ingredients such as peanut butter, chopped nuts or protein powder for additional protein.
- Serve crumbled as granola on top of yogurt or fruit.