Pediatric Oncology Observership Program
The Oncology Observership Program at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) gives doctors the opportunity to interact with our experts and participate in clinical and educational activities, including various conferences, medical grand rounds and seminars. Observerships are usually for two to four weeks and may not last longer than two months. Clinical rotations are primarily based in the outpatient setting.
Interested observers are required to submit the following to the appropriate contact:
- A brief personal statement stating the purpose and goal of the visit to the Cancer Center at CHOP.
- Rotations of special interest (if applicable) — e.g., Leukemia and Lymphoma, Solid Tumor, Neuro-Oncology. Visit our Cancer Center website for the full list of our programs and services. Please note that although we try our best to accommodate requests to observe in Oncology subspecialty programs, these opportunities are not guaranteed.
- Two reference letters
- Three dates of availability
Due to the high volume of requests, we are not able to accommodate everyone. We strongly recommend applying six months in advance of your preferred start date.
How to apply
Please visit the following links to find the correct application based on your current position:
- Medical students (U.S. and Canada): Medical Student Elective Rotations
- Resident physicians (U.S. and Canada): Please email CHOP Graduate Medical Education for more information and for a copy of the application.
- International physicians: Global Medicine International Observer Program
For all other inquiries, please contact OncologyRotator_ObserverProgram@email.chop.edu.