How We Can Help
The Connelly Resource Center for Families is located on the 8th floor of the Main Hospital. Opened in 1997, the Resource Center was designed by families and professionals to provide support to parents, caretakers, siblings and other relatives of our patients. Inside, families will find a family and children's library, a learning center and a comfortable place to take a break.
The Connelly Center Hospitality area is open 24 hours a day. Comfortable chairs and couches make the area an inviting place for families to take a break. The following services are always available:
- Laundry facilities — available to families at no cost. There are three washing machines and three dryers. Laundry soap is provided.
- Kitchen area — stocked with light snacks and beverages. Families are invited to help themselves.
- Informational brochures — on restaurants, local lodging and accommodations, as well as things to do in the Philadelphia area.
The Family Library is a quiet, comfortable place where families and caregivers can learn more about their child's healthcare needs, borrow a movie or video game, as well as relax and send a quick email to other family members and friends. Within the library families will find:
- Family librarian and library staff assistance
- Reading material for children, teens and adults
- Computers with Internet access and free printing
- Photocopier,scanner and fax machine, free of charge
- Comfortable reading area
- Online library catalog
- Lending collection of books, DVDs and video games
- Automated check-out and check-in of materials
The Children's Library is located within The Family Library and was designed with patients and children in mind. Families will find a broad range of children's books, including those written to help children and siblings understand and cope with their healthcare experience. The Children's library also has computers loaded with fun and educational games.
Family Learning Center
The Family Learning Center is a place where families can learn both the basic and specialized skills they need to help them care for their child at home. Our two classrooms and learning lab are used both for scheduled classes and for personal instruction or training arranged by a child's healthcare team member.
Tours for visiting hospitals and institutions
The Connelly Resource Center for Families offers tours of the Center's facilities and programs for staff visiting from other hospitals and institutions.
Please complete the Connelly Center Tour Questionnaire (PDF) and fax it to 215-590-6093 so we can tailor our presentation to meet your needs.
For more information, please contact Prentice Beckett, Family Librarian, at 215-590-5778.