Parking at CHOP’s Philadelphia Campus
Please allow for extra travel time to your appointments due to road closures and traffic congestion caused by multiple construction projects around CHOP and Penn, including the full closure of the Wood Center, long-term traffic pattern changes on University Ave., and more. Please check traffic before you go to see if there are any additional closures or impacts in the area.
Parking at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is available at two parking garages: A & B. Off-campus parking lots and garages are also available nearby.
On-campus parking options:
- Main Hospital Parking A: When traveling east on Civic Center Boulevard, turn right into Driveway A at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia’s Main Hospital and follow signs to Garage A. This garage is for same day surgery and Emergency Department families only.
- Buerger Center Parking B: The Buerger Center Garage (Garage B) is for all CHOP patients. There are two entrances for Garage B. When traveling east on Civic Center Boulevard, pass the Main Hospital, then turn left into Driveway B for Garage B. A rear entrance, located on Health Sciences Drive, is also open Monday through Friday from 6am to 10pm. Get directions to the rear entrance.
Taller vehicles between 6'-2" and 6'-7" may park in Garage B. The P1 level of Garage B lot can also accommodate vehicles up to 8'-2", but can only be entered from the Civic Center Boulevard entrance. Garage B also has 47 disabled van accessible parking spaces.
Not sure where to park? To help find your way around our Philadelphia Campus, please refer to our Philadelphia Campus maps.
Costs vary depending on the length of time parked and are posted in the garages.
Parking discounts are available to parents and legal guardians. You must get your parking ticket discounted at one of the following locations:
- Clinic or department check-in desk
- Main Hospital welcome desk, first floor
- Buerger Center welcome desk, first floor
- Any check-in or checkout desk at the Buerger Center
Exiting the garages
Parking can be paid for at kiosks in each parking garage, or with credit/debit at each parking exit. Remember to get your parking ticket discounted at the welcome and check-in desks for a lower cost.
To receive "in-and-out" privileges, parents and legal guardians can validate their parking ticket at any welcome desk.
Bike, e-bike parking
All bikes, including electronic bikes, scooters and hoverboards can be parked at bike racks located conveniently across our Philadelphia campus. E-vehicles cannot be brought into CHOP facilities for storage or charging for safety reasons.