Physical Therapy Podcasts
Listen in as Ian Leahy, DPT, OCS, SCS, a sports medicine rehab specialist at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP), discusses recent topics in all aspects of rehabilitation (PT/OT/Speech) with experts from across the Hospital and other youth health specialists. In this podcast series for rehab clinicians, pediatricians and patients / patient’s families, subject-matter-experts weigh in on the role that rehab plays in the management of the adolescent patient.
Available podcasts for download
- OT & PT in the Management of Oncology Patients
- Join us as we speak with Kerri Recker OTR/L and Kristen DeVirgilio, PT, DPT, as they discuss the role that Occupational and Physical Therapy play in the management of oncology at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. Kristen and Kerri speak on the importance of a multi-disciplinary approach to cancer care, and both discuss the importance of physical activity and normalizing activities of daily living when undergoing cancer treatment while also touching on the challenges that arise with the many side effects of cancer treatment.
- Torticollis with Kristen Kouvel, PT, DPT, PCS
- Adaptive Sports Medicine with Heather Stewart, PT, DPT, SCS
- From ballet to cheerleading, to baseball and sled hockey, children with physical disabilities can enjoy the sports they love, all while increasing independence, developing self-esteem, and growing self-confidence. Many adaptive sport programs are available in Philadelphia and the surrounding region, while others are offered nationwide. Join us as Heather Stewart, PT, DPT, SCS discusses her role as a rehab clinician for the USA Women’s Sled Hockey team and the role that physical therapy plays for the adaptive sport athlete.