Clinical Nutrition Outpatient Services
Research has proven that good nutrition is necessary to promote proper growth and development for children of all ages. Many children require attention from registered dietitians to be sure that they receive the best nutritional care. A registered dietitian is a trained nutrition expert that can provide individual nutrition recommendations. Care from a registered dietitian may help a child recover from illness or help achieve a healthy weight. It is important that you bring your child to the appointment to get an updated height and weight.
Call Central Scheduling at 267-425-3310 to make an appointment for the Outpatient Nutrition Center.
When you visit the Outpatient Nutrition Center at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, we will:
Measure and review your child’s growth history
- Bring any growth charts or your child’s baby book with you. We will measure your child’s weight, height and head circumference. We will compare these measurements with children of the same age and their own trends.
Review your child’s medical history
- We will ask you what medicines your child takes, what surgery your child has had and whether your child has ever been in the hospital.
Review your child’s diet
- We will want to know what types of food your child eats. If your child receives a tube feeding, we will review the schedule and type of feeding.
Review your child’s activities
- We will ask you to tell us about your child’s favorite activities. We will want to know how often they participate in them.
- We will recommend specific goals for your child’s food intake or tube feeding. We will provide you with written information and teach you how to meet your child’s nutrition needs.
- We will schedule follow-up visits for your child, if necessary.
- We accept all forms of payment, including medical assistance, private insurance/HMO and self-pay. Bring your insurance or payment information with you to appointments. If your insurer requires a referral from your health care provider, you will need to bring it to the appointment
We look forward to seeing you at one of the locations below.
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia Outpatient Nutrition Centers
Abington Specialty Care Center
1840 Susquehanna Road
Abington, PA 19001
Brandywine Valley Specialty Care Center
819 Baltimore Pike
Glen Mills, PA 19342
Bryn Mawr Specialty Care Center
135 S Bryn Mawr Ave
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
Bucks County Specialty Care
500 W. Butler Avenue
Chalfont, PA 18914
Buerger Center for Advanced Pediatric Care
3500 Civic Center Boulevard
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Exton Specialty Care Center
Oaklands Corporate Center
481 John Young Way
Exton, PA 19341
King of Prussia Specialty Care Center
550 S. Goddard Boulevard
King of Prussia, PA 19406
Lancaster Specialty Care Center
2104 Harrisburg Pike
Lancaster, PA 17601
Atlantic County Specialty Care Center
4009 Black Horse Pike
Mays Landing, NJ 08830
Princeton Specialty Care Center
101 Plainsboro Road
Plainsboro, NJ 08536
Voorhees Specialty Care Center
Laurel Oak Corporate Center
1012 Laurel Oak Road
Voorhees, NJ 08043