Our nutrition staff are specialty trained in sports nutrition and are leaders in the field. They offer complete nutritional support for younger athletes and access to all of the resources at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.
Conditions we treat
- Underweight athletes
- Overweight athletes
- Fatigue or decreased performance
- Iron deficiency anemia
- Gastrointestinal distress especially with exercise
- Muscle cramping caused by nutrition deficiencies
- Low bone density
- Lack of normal menses
- Eating and exercise disturbances
- Eating disorders in athletes
- All other medical conditions for which athletes may require nutrition counseling
Services we provide
- Vegetarian meal planning
- Healing nutrition for rehab
- Build a power meal plan for optimal performance
Sports performance enhancement
Our staff provides personal consultation for the young athlete, placing developmental needs above all else. After an initial consultation, we will develop an individualized plan for your child, based on performance goals and contemporary concepts in sports nutrition. This will be your child's roadmap in preparing for optimal sports participation. Hydration and the proper fuel mixture are specified for each athlete.
Community outreach programs are available for sports teams, coaches and families. A nutritionist will travel to a specified location to provide educational programming that may include: team presentations and or workshops for athletes, coaches, fitness professionals and or parents.
Sports nutrition resources
Here is some basic sports nutrition information for young athletes, families and the professionals who support them.