The Trauma Clinic provides evaluation services to new patients with traumatic injuries as well as existing patients who require follow-ups after hospital discharge.
Commonly treated injuries at the Trauma Clinic include:
- Head injuries, including concussions
- Minor burns
- Lacerations and other traumatic wounds
- Chest and abdominal organ injuries
Procedures, such as wound care, suture removal, and burn dressings, are performed in the clinic. Referrals to other specialists, such as rehabilitation medicine, orthopedics, are often made based on the injuries present.
Your child's visit
During the visit, your child will be evaluated by a pediatric trauma nurse practitioner and/or pediatric surgeon. Your child's evaluation will include:
- A comprehensive medical history
- A physical exam
- An evaluation of the injuries and any complications
- Diagnostic tests, including X-rays or other imaging, when needed
- A discussion of treatment options, which may include medication, surgery or rehabilitation
Location and schedule
The Pediatric Trauma Clinic is located in the Main Campus, on the 5th Floor of the Wood Building. We see patients every Wednesday and Friday, late morning and early afternoon.