A video presentation by Hamid Bassiri, MD, PhD, and Theoklis Zaoutis, MD, on Fever and Neutropenia, from the CHOP Medical Seminar in Salzburg, Austria, June 22-28, 2014.
At the end of the session the learner will be able to:
- Identify genetic and acquired causes of neutropenia and define the severity of neutropenia
- Define fever in neutropenic children
- Define low-risk vs high-risk fever and neutropenia
- Better understand the choice, duration, and use of empiric antibacterials and antifungals in children with fever and neutropenia
- Be more familiar with the utility and shortcomings of methods for detection of invasive fungal disease in children