CHOP's Pediatric Network
Whether you live in the heart of Philadelphia, in the western suburbs, Central Pennsylvania, New Jersey or New York City, there is a Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) doctor near you. Our network has grown to more than 50 locations where CHOP experts provide exceptional healthcare services to children. While CHOP’s influence is felt worldwide, we acknowledge a special commitment to our immediate neighbors and community.
Our Two Hospitals: Philadelphia and King of Prussia
The heart of the CHOP Care Network is our two hospitals – in Philadelphia for more than 165 years, and now in King of Prussia. Though vastly different in size and scope, our two hospitals offer unparalleled care to children in our region and beyond.
The Philadelphia Campus, located in the hub of the University City section of the city, includes:
- The 546-bed Main Hospital devoted primarily to inpatient care, with a complete range of medical and surgical services, specialty intensive care units and a level-one Emergency Department and Trauma Center
- The Buerger Center for Advanced Pediatric Care, which opened in 2015 on the Raymond G. Perelman Campus, and is the nation’s most state-of-the-art facility for outpatient medicine
- The Richard D. Wood Pediatric Ambulatory Care Center, which houses some outpatient clinical services and serves as a referral center for area pediatricians
- Children's Seashore House, a medical care and rehabilitation facility for children with chronic illnesses and severe developmental disabilities
- The Leonard and Madlyn Abramson Research Center, home to CHOP’s Research Institute and most of the institution's research investigations
- The Ruth and Tristram Colket, Jr. Translational Research Building, home to clinical and lab space that fosters synergy between disciplines
The King of Prussia Campus facilities, operated by Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, are conveniently located near several major roadways and include:
- A 52-bed, all private-room hospital, the Middleman Family Pavilion, devoted to inpatient care, with a range of medical and surgical services available, onsite radiology, imaging and testing, pediatric intensive care and recovery area
- Specialty Care Center, for outpatient clinical visits with specialists
- Madelyn K. Abramson Emergency Department, open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week; and an Urgent Care Center for less serious injuries or illnesses
- Space to expand the hospital to 108 private patient rooms
CHOP Primary Care practices, located throughout southeastern Pennsylvania and Southern New Jersey, provide convenient access to primary health and wellness services for children close to home.
Specialty Care and Ambulatory Surgery
No matter where you live in Eastern Pennsylvania or New Jersey, our Specialty Care and Ambulatory Surgery Centers are close to home and convenient for care for all types of special medical conditions.
At the comfortable, spacious Specialty Care Centers, children can see top Children's Hospital specialists and receive a wide range of diagnostic testing, treatment, follow-up and rehabilitation services.
For a growing number of pediatric surgical procedures, families can access the services of renowned CHOP surgeons without a trip to the city. At our suburban Ambulatory Surgery Centers, all procedures are attended by full surgical teams, including pediatric anesthesiologists. Staff at these ambulatory sites are all CHOP employees and have the same training as staff at the Philadelphia and King of Prussia campuses.
From belly aches to broken bones and scrapes, sometimes kids need doctors after “office” hours. CHOP Urgent Care Centers offer fast, convenient care for children from infants to adolescents, from a dedicated team of board-certified CHOP pediatricians and pediatric nurses. Onsite X-ray and labs are also available.
Newborn & Pediatric Inpatient Care
Several community hospitals now have pediatric inpatient units staffed by CHOP physicians and specially trained pediatric nurses. For many conditions requiring a hospital stay, these family-friendly CHOP Care Network units offer an ideal combination of outstanding care and nearby convenience.
The understanding that home is often the best environment for children who are recovering from illness or coping with chronic conditions has led to an increased commitment to home care. Children’s Hospital Home Care offers a multidisciplinary team of doctors, nurses, pharmacists, respiratory therapists, social workers, dieticians and delivery technicians and others who coordinate home visits, infusion therapy and medical equipment for thousands of area children.