Our Pediatric Network
Whether you live in the heart of Philadelphia, in Central Pennsylvania, in New Jersey or New York City, there is a Children's Hospital of Philadelphia doctor near you. Our network has grown to more than 50 locations where Children's Hospital experts provide exceptional healthcare services to children. While the Hospital's influence is felt worldwide, Children's Hospital acknowledges a special commitment to its immediate neighbors and community.
The heart of the Children's Hospital network is our Main Campus complex in University City. It consists of:
- The 546-bed Main Building devoted primarily to inpatient care
- The Leonard and Madlyn Abramson Research Center, home to The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Research Institute and most of the institution's research investigations
- The Richard D. Wood Pediatric Ambulatory Care Center, which houses many outpatient clinical services and serves as a referral center for area pediatricians
- Children's Seashore House, a medical care and rehabilitation facility for children with chronic illnesses and severe developmental disabilities.
- The Buerger Center for Advanced Pediatric Care, which opened in 2015 on the Raymond G. Perelman Campus, and is the nation’s most state-of-the-art facility for outpatient medicine.
CHOP Primary Care practices, located throughout southeastern Pennsylvania and Southern New Jersey, provide convenient access to primary health and wellness services for children close to home.
Specialty Care and Ambulatory Surgery
No matter where you live in Eastern Pennsylvania or New Jersey, our Specialty Care and Ambulatory Surgery Centers are close to home and convenient for care for all types of special medical conditions.
At the comfortable, spacious Specialty Care Centers, children can see top Children's Hospital specialists in convenient, close-to-home locations. The centers offer a wide range of diagnostic testing, treatment, follow-up and rehabilitation services in many pediatric specialties.
For a growing number of pediatric surgical procedures, families can access the services of renowned Children's Hospital surgeons without a trip to the city. At our suburban Ambulatory Surgery Centers, all procedures are attended by full surgical teams, including pediatric anesthesiologists. Staff at these ambulatory sites are all CHOP employees and have the same training as staff at the Main campus.
From belly aches to broken bones and scrapes, sometimes kids need doctors after “office” hours. The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia Urgent Care Centers offer fast, convenient care for children from infants to adolescents, from a dedicated team of board-certified CHOP pediatricians and pediatric nurses. Onsite X-ray and labs are also available.
Newborn & Pediatric Inpatient Care
Several community hospitals now have pediatric inpatient units staffed by Children's Hospital physicians and specially trained pediatric nurses. For many conditions requiring a hospital stay, these family-friendly CHOP Care Network units offer an ideal combination of outstanding care and convenience.
The understanding that home is often the best environment for children who are recovering from illness or coping with chronic conditions has led to an increased commitment to home care. Our Home Care program offers a multidisciplinary team of doctors, nurses, pharmacists, respiratory therapists, social workers, dieticians and delivery technicians and others who coordinate home visits, infusion therapy and medical equipment for thousands of area children.