Pediatric Cancer Immunotherapy/BMT Fellowship
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) and the Division of Oncology in the Department of Pediatrics at the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania offers a one-year Pediatric Cancer Immunotherapy/Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT) Fellowship for qualified physicians who have completed three (3) years of pediatric hematology/oncology fellowship training and who wish to pursue further training in cellular therapy and transplant.
This is a one-year position with a focus on clinical care as well as clinical and translational research, with clinical time spent both in cancer immunotherapy and blood and marrow transplantation.
Candidates will join a group that performs cutting-edge cell therapy at CHOP and Penn Medicine, and will have access to outstanding resources, state-of-the-art facilities, world-class cell manufacturing, and clinical/translational support. We offer a unique and exciting multidisciplinary working environment.
- Position openings: One per year
- Duration: One-year fellowship (non-accredited)
- Application start date: Aug. 1, 2019
- Application deadline: Oct. 1, 2019
- Fellowship start date: July 1, 2020
- Fellowship Director: Lisa Wray, MD
- Program Coordinator: Cate Girone, MA
Our curriculum offers a broad exposure to cancer immunotherapy and BMT clinical care as well as a variety of research opportunities.
Fellows rotate through the following areas:
- BMT inpatient service
- BMT outpatient clinic
- CART outpatient clinic
- Caring for patients during CART inpatient stay (managing side effects of CART therapy)
- Stem cell laboratory
- ID immunocompromised service
Other opportunities are available based on the fellow’s interests.
Fellows also have protected research time and are expected to complete a scholarly research project during their program.
Eligible applicants must:
- Have completed three (3) years of pediatric hematology/oncology fellowship training
- Be board certified in general pediatrics
- Be board certified or eligible in pediatric hematology/oncology/BMT in the United States or Canada upon matriculation
- Be able to obtain a Pennsylvania medical license
How to apply
We seek candidates who embrace and reflect diversity in the broadest sense. Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania are equal opportunity employers (EOEs). Minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Once applications are reviewed, invited candidates will be asked to interview at CHOP.
Interested applicants should email the following information to the program coordinator:
- CHOP Common Graduate Medical Education Application Form
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
- Dean’s Letter/Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE)
- Medical School Transcript
- Curriculum vitae
- Personal statement describing qualifications and career goals
- Photograph (optional)
- USMLE scores (Step 1, 2 CK and CS, and 3), or COMLEX (Level 1, 2 CE and PE, and 3), or MCCQE (Exams 1 and 2)
- ECFMG certificate (if applicable)
Please email your application documents to Cate Girone at firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred) or mail them to:
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
3501 Civic Center Boulevard
Philadelphia, PA 19104
For additional information, please contact Cate Girone at 215-590-5476 or email@example.com.