Dermatology Resources for Professionals
At the Dermatology Section at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP), we’ll work with you and your patients to give you the information and support needed to provide optimal care.
Our team of pediatric dermatologists offers diagnosis and treatment of chronic and acute disorders affecting the skin, from the routine to the rare.
Request a consultation with CHOP Dermatology
To help us effectively care for established patients of the practice and continue to support new community patients who need pediatric dermatological services, please follow these guidelines:
- All new patients to CHOP Dermatology will require a Dermatology referral request form completed by a provider to schedule an appointment with a pediatric dermatologist. Families cannot schedule visits on their own if a patient is not currently seen by CHOP Dermatology.
- To request a consultation, referring physicians will use the Dermatology referral request form to request a patient appointment with a CHOP pediatric dermatologist. Dermatology will review the request and determine if an appointment can be offered at this time. We will do our best to see as many of your patients as possible. Appointments will be offered via ticket scheduling or phone calls.
- Many patients will be referred back to their primary care provider after 1 or 2 visits with Dermatology if their condition has improved.
- Please email completed forms to email@example.com or return by fax to 215-590-6555.
When we receive Dermatology referral request forms/consult orders, we will triage patients to determine urgency and severity, then either schedule an appointment, refer the patient back to primary care or encourage the use of new dermatology tools (see details below).
All forms will be reviewed within 2 business days. If you have concerns about timing for a patient appointment, please call 1-800-TRY-CHOP to discuss.
Resources for providers
We recognize the challenges of managing dermatologic diseases in primary care and will continue to support our referring community. Below are some available resources we have prepared or vetted for common dermatology diagnoses and management that may help you in your practice.
- Atopic Dermatitis Clinical Pathway
- EPIC smart set: “Acne for CN/PCC” (only available with access to EPIC)
- Society for Pediatric Dermatology resources
- American Academy of Dermatology Association resources
- Acne Express - a virtual consult service that uses secure photograph submissions to assess a child’s acne.
- Additional resources from CHOP Dermatology