Homeless Health Initiative Special Events Volunteer
- People’s Emergency Center (PEC) Gloria’s Place, 3902 Spring Garden Street
- St. Barnabas Mission, 6006 W Girard Avenue
- Families Forward Philadelphia, 111 N 48th Street
- Red Cross House, 4000 Powelton Avenue
- Salvation Army Red Shield Family Residence, 715 North Broad Street
Homeless Health Initiative (HHI) is a volunteer health outreach program that provides free healthcare and health-related services to families living in local emergency housing shelters. Dedicated volunteers from HHI offer free, high-quality medical and dental care, health education, and other services to shelter residents in the Philadelphia area.
Throughout the year, HHI hosts special events at various shelter locations. We also connect volunteers with shelter-organized volunteer opportunities.
- HHI’s Annual Family Fun and Fitness Day
- MLK Day
- Back to School Celebrations
- Holiday Celebrations
If you're interested in becoming a special events volunteer, please email Melissa Johnson at BERRIOSM@email.chop.edu.