The CHOP Talks CME lecture series is an opportunity for pediatric subspecialists from Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia to share their expertise with you.
At every CHOP Talks session, you’ll improve your ability to diagnose, treat and manage common pediatric disorders, and learn more about the latest treatment breakthroughs and how they can benefit your patients.
- 6:15 p.m. — Registration and Light Dinner
- 6:30 p.m. — Judicious Use of Antibiotics in Upper Respiratory Infections, Sinusitis and Pharyngitis
- 7:15 p.m. — Common Overuse Injuries in Young Athletes with a Special Focus on Dancers
- 8:00 p.m. — Q & A
- 8:15 p.m. — Adjourn
Naomi Brown, MD, CAQSM
Sports Medicine Pediatrician, Department of Orthopedic Surgery
Clinical Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania
Jeffrey Gerber, MD, PhD
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics and Epidemiology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
Division of Infectious Diseases
Upon completion of this CME live activity, participants should be able to:
- Review the principles of antibiotic use for common acute respiratory tract infections in children.
- Apply the core principles of antibiotic stewardship in the ambulatory setting.
- Discuss the different types of injuries and that commonly occur in dancers and other performance artists.
- Recognize when to be concerned that an athlete's pain is more serious and worrisome for an overuse injury.
There is no charge for this program; however, registration is required. RSVP to Abe Cooperman by Oct. 3, 2018, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 267-426-2506. Please provide your name, practice affiliation, credentials, work address, phone, fax and email address.
ACCME Accreditation Statement: Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement: Children's Hospital of Philadelphia designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Disclosure Statement: Naomi Brown, MD, CAQSM and Jeffrey Gerber, MD, PhD have signed and completed the CHOP CME Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships Form and have affirmed that neither they nor their spouse/partner/family member(s) have/ have had any relevant financial affiliations or financial relationships with a commercial interest within the past 12 months related directly or indirectly to this lecture that may pose a potential conflict of interest within the context of this lecture.
Services for People with Disabilities: If special arrangements are required for an individual with a disability to attend this meeting, please contact Abe Cooperman at email@example.com or 267-426-2506.