Choosing your child's primary care pediatrician
We encourage you to identify one member of our group as your child's primary care provider (PCP) for yearly routine check-ups and physicals. During times of illness, our schedules allow for great flexibility to accommodate your needs, including evening and Saturday appointments.
When you make your child’s appointment, please let our staff know about any concerns you have about your child's health so sufficient time can be scheduled for your child’s office visit.
MyCHOP is a free service that offers patients/parents secure online access to portions of their or their child’s medical record using a web browser or mobile app. With a MyCHOP account you can:
- Make appointments
- Request medication renewals/refills
- Send non-urgent medical questions
- View test results
- View/print immunizations
Please speak to our Patient Service Representatives to sign up for an account.
What are Video Visits Used For?
CHOP Primary Care, CHOP Campus, offers video visits as an alternative to some in-person visits when it is clinically safe and appropriate to do so. Telehealth video visits can be a good option for many medical appointments, including consultations for certain acute issues and symptoms, follow-up visits to see how a treatment or medication is working, urgent care visits and more. Your child’s provider will work with you to determine what visits can safely and effectively be done by video.
When your child is sick: Emergency appointments
Emergency appointments are available to accommodate unexpected illness. A pediatrician is on-call 24 hours a day for emergencies.
- Please call our office before going to the Emergency Department
- We see patients by scheduled appointments only. Our office will do everything we can so that your child can be seen by their PCP, but if your PCP is unavailable, another provider will be.
- To speak with a nurse call 215-590-2178, 24 hours a day, seven days a week
Coming to an appointment
- Please plan to check in with your child 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time.
- All patients should be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Insurance cards and copays are required for check-in at each visit.
Running late for an appointment
If you arrive more than 15 minutes late for your scheduled well-visit appointment we may not be able to see your child. If you arrive more than 15 minutes late for a scheduled sick appointment and your child is not in distress, you may have to wait longer to be seen.
As a courtesy to all of our patients, we ask that families notify our office 24 hours in advance if your child cannot keep a scheduled appointment.
Failure to cancel an appointment in advance will be considered a no show. Well/Physical appointments are scheduled two-three months in advance.
Insurance and payments
Please call our Financial Counselors at 1-800-664-7855 to discuss your out of pocket expenses. Learn how to be financially prepared for your visit to a CHOP location.
We offer free interpreter services for our patients. Please request an interpreter when making an appointment.