Published on in CHOP News
On Sunday, Feb. 25, 2018, patients of the Center for Pediatric Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) and their families attended the annual IBD Education Day.
- IBD 101, by Ronen Stein, MD
- The Role of Integrative Health in IBD Care, by Maria R. Mascarenhas
- What to Eat for a Healthy Gut, by Lindsey Albenberg, DO, and Natalie L. Adler, RD, CSP, LDN
- Hot Topics in Pediatric IBD Research, by Máire A. Conrad, MD, MS
- Medical Therapy for Pediatric IBD Efficacy and Safety, by Betsy Maxwell, MD
Jeffrey and Nancy Fine, Co-chairs of the Center for IBD Family Research Council (FRC), provided an update on the FRC, which consists of volunteers raising funds for research at the Center for IBD, and discussed the 2018 Walk for Hope. After the presentations, the specialists joined together for an IBD Expert Panel and answered questions submitted by the attendees
To conclude the event, a unique group of experts — IBD patients of all ages — talked openly about how they cope with their disease.
Contact: Natalie Solimeo, The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, 267-426-6246 or firstname.lastname@example.org