Commonly used to maintain lawns and landscaping, pesticides and weed killers are found everywhere, particularly during the warm weather months when your kids are playing outside. How safe are children and pets around these chemicals?
Thousands of exposures to pesticides are reported to U.S. poison centers every year. Fortunately, the majority of cases are inadvertent and only cause mild irritation or symptoms. But in some cases, these chemicals can cause serious reactions or death.
In a Healthy Kids blog post on philly.com, Alexis Gross, PharmD, candidate and poison information provider at the Poison Control Center at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, provides information about common herbicides used in the U.S. and symptoms to look out for if your child or pet ingests these products.
Read the article.