Philadelphia Campus: Cafeterias, Convenience Stores and Nearby Food Options
We offer a broad range of food services on our Philadelphia Campus to meet your family’s needs during your child’s inpatient stay or outpatient visit – and there are even more food options available nearby. Below are food options available on campus or within two miles of the hospital. For more food options, see our room service and off-campus delivery options.
Philadelphia Campus dining
Our Food Court is located on the first floor of the Main Hospital, just off the Atrium. It is open every day during the hours listed below:
- Breakfast: 6:30 – 10:30 a.m.
- Grab & Go: 10:30 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Lunch: 11 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Grab & Go: 3:30 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Dinner: 4 – 7:30 p.m.
- Late Night: 1 a.m. – 4 a.m.
Visit the CHOP Dining Service website for current food offerings, guest vouchers and more.
The Colket Café, located on the first floor of the Colket Translational Research Building across the courtyard from the rear of the Main Hospital, is open Monday through Friday.
- Breakfast: 7:30 – 10:30 a.m.
- Lunch: 11:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.
*Vending machines are located in both cafeterias and near the patient elevators on the sixth and eighth floors of the Main Hospital.
Buerger Center Café
Located on first floor of the Buerger Center for Advanced Pediatric Care, the cafe offers freshly baked bagels, a variety of sandwiches, coffee, cookies, muffins and more, including food from rotating restaurants. It's open Monday through Friday from 6:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Fast food and sweets near campus
- Jimmy John’s (subs, sandwiches and more)
- Gia Pronto Kitchen (breakfast, salads, sandwiches and pizza)
- McDonalds (open 24 hours)
- Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen (chicken, sandwiches and more)
- Shake Shack (milkshakes, burgers and more)
- Coco’s Cookies and Creamery
- Insomnia Cookies
- Gift Shop — located on the first floor of the Main Hospital. The shop is open every day, from 7 a.m. to 1 a.m. Monday through Friday, and from 9 a.m. to 1 a.m. on weekends and holidays.
- Grab and go store — located on the first floor of the Buerger Center
- Wawa – 24-hour convenience stores offering coffee, food and fuel services. Find a Wawa near CHOP.
For parents who’d like to take a break from their hospitalized child’s unit, we host complimentary coffee hours with beverages, bagels, fruit and Danish. Coffee hours are coordinated, managed and hosted by Family Consultants, Women's Committee members and other hospital volunteers, and are held in various locations and at different times throughout the hospital. Your child's nurse can give you more information.
- Dr. Coffee, located inside the hospital near the cafeteria, is open daily and offers a variety of coffee and tea for sale.
- Starbucks at 3400 Civic Center Blvd.
- Starbucks at 3401 Walnut St.
- Saxbys Drexel University
- Tea-Do (bubble tea)
Takeout and delivery
- Greek Lady (Greek cuisine)
- Honeygrow (noodles, stir-fry and salads)
- Domino’s Pizza (pizza, dips and desserts)
- Virasat Haveli (Indian and Pakistani cuisine)
- Goldie (vegan, Israeli-style falafel shop)
- HipCityVeg (vegan and vegetarian)
- White Dog Café (environmentally sustainable, organic and local foods)
- New Deck Tavern (American restaurant and Irish pub)
- Sabrina’s Café (breakfast, lunch and special kids’ menu)
- Sang Kee Noodle House (noodles, dim sum and Chinese food)
- Green Line Café (coffee house)
A menu of available kosher foods is available upon request. A kosher pantry for families is located near the cash registers in the Main Hospital Food Court (first floor). The Connelly Resource Center for Families has a cupboard of non-perishable kosher foods, as well as information on local kosher restaurants, some of which deliver.
Halal menus are available upon request. The Food Court also features a Mediterranean station that offers halal options.